Tuesday, March 6, 2012

American Bible Society Daily Bible Reading and Daily Prayer for Monday, 5 March 2012

From The American Bible Society:


American Bible Society
Having trouble reading this?
Large Print Version Print this page
March 5, 2012

Psalm 91 (Good News Translation)

Come Together in Faith and Pray for One Another

Introduction

Psalm 91: This psalm expresses confidence in God’s protection, particularly in times of danger. Those who are faithful are assured of God’s unfailing presence.

Today’s Scripture: Psalm 91:14

God says, “I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD.”

Today’s Reading

1 Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty, 2can say to him, “You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust.” 3 He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases. 4 He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you. 5 You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day 6 or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kill in daylight. 7 A thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand all around you, but you will not be harmed. 8 You will look and see how the wicked are punished. 9You have made the LORD your defender, the Most High your protector, 10 and so no disaster will strike you, no violence will come near your home. 11 God will put his angels in charge of youto protect you wherever you go. 12 They will hold you up with their hands to keep you from hurting your feet on the stones. 13 You will trample down lions and snakes, fierce lions and poisonous snakes. 14 God says, “I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD15 When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honor them. 16 I will reward them with long life; I will save them.” 

Reflect

How does the psalm writer express trust in God’s protection? Reread verses 3-13 and personalize this psalm by replacing the word “you” with “me” or “I” as appropriate and replacing the word “your” with “my.” What verses in this psalm are particularly meaningful to you and why?

Pray

Almighty God, you are my protector and defender. Whenever I am in trouble, I know that you are with me. You are my place of safety. In you, Lord God, I put my trust. In your holy name, I pray. Amen.

Prayer Concern

Those serving in the armed forces

Tomorrow's Reading

Psalm 57: A prayer for God’s protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment