Tuesday, March 27, 2012

American Bible Society Daily Bible Reading and Daily Prayer for Saturday, 24 March 2012

From The American Bible Society:


American Bible Society
Having trouble reading this?
Large Print Version Print this page
March 24, 2012

Psalm 32 (Good News Translation)

Come Together in Faith and Pray for One Another

Introduction

Psalm 32: This psalm begins with a conclusion or affirmation of the happiness one experiences resulting from confession. What follows is a description of life in terms of before and after confessing one’s sins (verses 3-5). The writer encourages people to pray and concludes with praise for the LORD’s righteousness.

Today’s Scripture: Psalm 32:1

Happy are those whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned.

Today’s Reading

1 Happy are those whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned. 2 Happy is the one whom the LORD does not accuse of doing wrong and who is free from all deceit. 3 When I did not confess my sins, I was worn out from crying all day long. 4 Day and night you punished me,LORDmy strength was completely drained, as moisture is dried up by the summer heat. 5Then I confessed my sins to you; I did not conceal my wrongdoings. I decided to confess them to you, and you forgave all my sins. 6 So all your loyal people should pray to you in times of need; when a great flood of trouble comes rushing in, it will not reach them. 7 You are my hiding place; you will save me from trouble. I sing aloud of your salvation, because you protect me. 8The LORD says, “I will teach you the way you should go; I will instruct you and advise you. 9Don't be stupid like a horse or a mule, which must be controlled with a bit and bridle to make it submit.” 10 The wicked will have to suffer, but those who trust in the LORD are protected by his constant love. 11 You that are righteous, be glad and rejoice because of what the LORD has done. You that obey him, shout for joy! 

Reflect

Describe the psalm writer’s feelings before and after confession. Have you ever felt this way? How have you experienced God’s forgiveness? What might you need to confess today?

Pray

Lord God, you are my hiding place. I turn to you in prayer in my time of need. Today I seek your forgiveness and confess _________________. I sing aloud of your salvation and rejoice because of your righteousness. Amen.

Prayer Concern

Those seeking God’s forgiveness

Tomorrow's Reading

Psalm 33: A song of praise.
© 2011 American Bible Society. All Rights Reserved. 1865 Broadway, New York, NY 10023-7505

No comments:

Post a Comment