Monday, March 26, 2012

American Bible Society Daily Bible Reading and Daily Prayer for Thursday, 22 March 2012

From The American Bible Society:


American Bible Society
Having trouble reading this?
Large Print Version Print this page
March 22, 2012

Psalm 30 (Good News Translation)

Come Together in Faith and Pray for One Another

Introduction

Psalm 30: Today’s reading is a psalm in which the writer praises God for healing and being restored to life. The psalm focuses on sadness and sorrow turning to joy and concludes with a promise to thank God forever.

Today’s Scripture: Psalm 30:4

Sing praise to the LORD, all his faithful people! Remember what the Holy One has done, and give him thanks!

Today’s Reading

1 I praise you, LORD, because you have saved me and kept my enemies from gloating over me.2 I cried to you for help, O LORD my God, and you healed me; 3 you kept me from the grave. I was on my way to the depths below, but you restored my life. 4 Sing praise to the LORDall his faithful people! Remember what the Holy One has done, and give him thanks! 5 His anger lasts only a moment, his goodness for a lifetime. Tears may flow in the night, but joy comes in the morning. 6 I felt secure and said to myself, “I will never be defeated.” 7 You were good to me,LORDyou protected me like a mountain fortress. But then you hid yourself from me, and I was afraid. 8 I called to you, LORDI begged for your help: 9 “What will you gain from my death?What profit from my going to the grave? Are dead people able to praise you? Can they proclaim your unfailing goodness? 10 Hear me, LORD, and be merciful! Help me, LORD!” 11 You have changed my sadness into a joyful dance; you have taken away my sorrow and surrounded me with joy. 12 So I will not be silent; I will sing praise to you. LORD, you are my God; I will give you thanks forever. 

Reflect

For what does the psalm writer thank and praise God? How would you describe the overall tone of this psalm? Can you describe a time in your life when sadness was turned to joy? Did you sense God at work? Do you know someone who is in need of a word of encouragement today?

Pray

Holy God, I praise you for your constant love and goodness. I will not be silent. You are my God, and I will give you thanks forever. Amen.

Prayer Concern

Hospital patients

Tomorrow's Reading

Psalm 31: A prayer of trust in God.
© 2011 American Bible Society. All Rights Reserved. 1865 Broadway, New York, NY 10023-7505

No comments:

Post a Comment