Saturday, March 10, 2012

American Bible Society Daily bible Reading and Daily Prayer for Thursday, 8 March 2012

From The American Bible Society:


American Bible Society
Having trouble reading this?
Large Print Version Print this page
March 8, 2012

Psalm 61 (Good News Translation)

Come Together in Faith and Pray for One Another

Introduction

Psalm 61: Today’s psalm begins with a cry to God, and the psalm writer expresses the assurance of being heard by God. The writer then offers a prayer for the king and concludes with a promise to praise God daily.

Today’s Scripture: Psalm 61:8

I will always sing praises to you, as I offer you daily what I have promised.

Today’s Reading

1 Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer! 2 In despair and far from home I call to you! Take me to a safe refuge, 3 for you are my protector, my strong defense against my enemies. 4 Let me live in your sanctuary all my life; let me find safety under your wings. 5 You have heard my promises, O God, and you have given me what belongs to those who honor you. 6 Add many years to the king's life; let him live on and on! 7 May he rule forever in your presence, O God;protect him with your constant love and faithfulness. 8 So I will always sing praises to you, as I offer you daily what I have promised. 

Reflect

The references to promises in today’s reading (verses 5, 8) most likely refer to trusting in and worshiping God. What promises have you made to God? How will you worship and praise God today?

Pray

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. You are my safe haven. In your presence I feel secure because of your constant love and faithfulness. Daily will I praise you. In your holy name I pray. Amen.

Prayer Concern

Those who are anxious and worried

Tomorrow's Reading

Psalm 62: Depending on God.
© 2011 American Bible Society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment