Monday, March 26, 2012

American Bible Society Daily Bible Reading and Daily Prayer for Tuesday, 20 March 2012

From The American Bible Society:


American Bible Society
Having trouble reading this?
Large Print Version Print this page
March 20, 2012

Psalm 26 (Good News Translation)

Come Together in Faith and Pray for One Another

Introduction

Psalm 26: Today’s reading is another psalm in which the writer is seeking God’s justice and declaration of innocence. The writer claims to do what is right, seeks to avoid evildoers, and expresses love for God’s house.

Today’s Scripture: Psalm 26:2

Examine me and test me, LORD; judge my desires and thoughts.

Today’s Reading

1 Declare me innocent, O LORDbecause I do what is right and trust you completely. 2Examine me and test me, LORDjudge my desires and thoughts. 3 Your constant love is my guide; your faithfulness always leads me. 4 I do not keep company with worthless people; I have nothing to do with hypocrites. 5 I hate the company of the evil and avoid the wicked. 6 LORD, I wash my hands to show that I am innocent and march in worship around your altar. 7 I sing a hymn of thanksgiving and tell of all your wonderful deeds. 8 I love the house where you live, OLORDthe place where your glory dwells. 9 Do not destroy me with the sinners; spare me from the fate of murderers— 10 those who do evil all the time and are always ready to take bribes. 11As for me, I do what is right; be merciful to me and save me! 12 I am safe from all dangers; in the assembly of his people I praise the LORD

Reflect

The psalm writer asks to be examined and tested by God (verse 2). Have you ever asked God to judge your desires and thoughts? Have you ever found yourself in the company of those who wished to do something that you believed was wrong? If so, what did you do in that situation?

Pray

Loving and merciful God, your constant love is my guide; your faithfulness always leads me. You know all my thoughts and desires. I long to be in your presence and do what is right. Guard my lips and my actions this day. Amen.

Prayer Concern

Students

Tomorrow's Reading

Psalm 27: A prayer of confidence in God’s protection.
© 2011 American Bible Society. All Rights Reserved. 1865 Broadway, New York, NY 10023-7505

No comments:

Post a Comment