Sunday, March 11, 2012

American Bible Society Daily Bible Reading and Daily Prayer for Sunday, 11 March 2012

From The American Bible Society:


American Bible Society
Having trouble reading this?
Large Print Version Print this page
March 11, 2012

Psalm 6 (Good News Translation)

Come Together in Faith and Pray for One Another

Introduction

Psalm 6: This psalm expresses a plea to God for help in time of trouble. Even though the writer views this trouble as punishment from God (verse 1), the writer trusts in God’s mercy.

Today’s Scripture: Psalm 6:8b, 9

The LORD hears my weeping; he listens to my cry for help and will answer my prayer.

Today’s Reading

1 LORD, don't be angry and rebuke me! Don't punish me in your anger! 2 I am worn out, OLORD; have pity on me! Give me strength; I am completely exhausted 3 and my whole being is deeply troubled. How long, O LORD, will you wait to help me? 4 Come and save me, LORDin your mercy rescue me from death. 5 In the world of the dead you are not remembered; no one can praise you there. 6 I am worn out with grief; every night my bed is damp from my weeping;my pillow is soaked with tears. 7 I can hardly see; my eyes are so swollen from the weeping caused by my enemies. 8 Keep away from me, you evil people! The LORD hears my weeping; 9he listens to my cry for help and will answer my prayer. 10 My enemies will know the bitter shame of defeat; in sudden confusion they will be driven away. 

Reflect

How is the psalm writer’s distress described? Have you ever felt this way? If so, what did you ask of God? Did such a time in your life bring you closer to God? How does the psalm writer express trust in God?

Pray

Lord God, when I cry out, you hear my weeping. In your mercy, you hear my prayer and comfort me when I am weary and exhausted. When I am weak, I can turn to you and you will renew my strength. I praise you, Lord God, for your saving love. Amen.

Prayer Concern

Those suffering from exhaustion

Tomorrow's Reading

Psalm 7: A prayer for justice.
© 2011 American Bible Society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment