Friday, March 16, 2012

American Bible Society Daily Bible Reading and Daily Prayer for Friday, 16 March 2012

From The American Bible Society:



American Bible Society
Having trouble reading this?
Large Print Version Print this page
March 16, 2012

Psalm 16 (Good News Translation)

Come Together in Faith and Pray for One Another

Introduction

Psalm 16: Today’s psalm expresses total confidence in God. The writer is always aware of God’s presence, and knowing this fills the writer with joy.

Today’s Scripture: Psalm 16:5

You, LORD, are all I have, and you give me all I need; my future is in your hands.

Today’s Reading

1 Protect me, O God; I trust in you for safety. 2 I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; all the good things I have come from you.” 3 How excellent are the LORD's faithful people! My greatest pleasure is to be with them. 4 Those who rush to other gods bring many troubles on themselves.I will not take part in their sacrifices; I will not worship their gods. 5 You, LORD, are all I have,and you give me all I need; my future is in your hands. 6 How wonderful are your gifts to me;how good they are! 7 I praise the LORD, because he guides me, and in the night my conscience warns me. 8 I am always aware of the LORD's presence; he is near, and nothing can shake me.9 And so I am thankful and glad, and I feel completely secure, 10 because you protect me from the power of death. I have served you faithfully, and you will not abandon me to the world of the dead. 11 You will show me the path that leads to life; your presence fills me with joy and brings me pleasure forever. 

Reflect

How does the psalm writer express confidence in God? In verse 8, the writer says, “I am always aware of the LORD’s presence.” When or how do you experience God’s presence?

Pray

I praise you, O Lord, because you guide me. You are always near. You show me the path that leads to life, and your presence fills me with joy. Amen.

Prayer Concern

Those in need of encouragement

Tomorrow's Reading

Psalm 17: The prayer of an innocent person
© 2011 American Bible Society

No comments:

Post a Comment