Thursday, October 28, 2010

Roman Catholic Christianity: Daily Readings For 29 October

From Catholic News Agency, Catholic Online, USCCB:

First Reading - Phil 1: 1-11

1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons. 2 Grace and peace to you, from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 I give thanks to my God, with every remembrance of you, 4 always, in all my prayers, making supplication for all of you with joy, 5 because of your communion in the Gospel of Christ, from the first day even until now. 6 I am confident of this very thing: that he who has begun this good work in you will perfect it, unto the day of Christ Jesus. 7 So then, it is right for me to feel this way about all of you, because I hold you in my heart, and because, in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the Gospel, you all are partakers of my joy. 8 For God is my witness how, within the heart of Jesus Christ, I long for all of you. 9 And this I pray: that your charity may abound more and more, with knowledge and with all understanding, 10 so that you may be confirmed in what is better, in order that you may be sincere and without offense on the day of Christ: 11 filled with the fruit of justice, through Jesus Christ, in the glory and praise of God.

Gospel - Lk 14: 1-6

1 And it happened that, when Jesus entered the house of a certain leader of the Pharisees on the Sabbath to eat bread, they were observing him. 2 And behold, a certain man before him was afflicted with edema. 3 And responding, Jesus spoke to the experts in the law and to the Pharisees, saying, “Is it lawful to cure on the Sabbath?” 4 But they kept silent. Yet truly, taking hold of him, he healed him and sent him away. 5 And responding to them, he said, “Which of you will have a donkey or an ox fall into a pit, and will not promptly pull him out, on the day of the Sabbath?” 6 And they were unable to respond to him about these things

No comments:

Post a Comment