Saturday, October 30, 2010

Syriac Orthodox Christianity: Daily Prayers

From:  http://sor.cua.edu/Liturgy/SimplePrayer/Prologue.html

Daily Prayers:

The Prologue


(For prayers of all canonical hours)


Leader1: +2 In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, one true God.



People: Glory be to Him; and may His grace and mercy be upon us for ever. Amen3.



Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, by whose glory, the heaven and the earth are filled; Hosanna in the highest.


Qawmo


(For prayers of all canonical hours)


Trisagion

Leader: Holy art Thou, O God.



People:

Holy art Thou, Almighty;

Holy art Thou, Immortal;

+ Crucified for us, have mercy on us. (Thrice)



Leader: Lord, have mercy upon us,



People: Lord, be kind and have mercy;

Lord, accept our prayers and worship and have mercy on us.



Leader: Glory be to Thee, O God;



People: Glory be to Thee, O creator;

Glory be to Thee, O Christ, the King who does pity sinners, Thy servants. Barekhmor.1



The Lord's Prayer

(St. Matthew 6:9-13; St. Luke 11:2-4)

Leader: Our Father, who art in Heaven,



People: Hallowed be Thy name. Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread: and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one; for Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the glory for ever and ever. Amen.



Hail Mary2

(St. Luke 1:28-42)

Leader: Hail Mary, full of grace,



People: Our Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, our Lord, Jesus Christ. O Virgin Saint Mary, O Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at all times, and at the hour of our death. Amen.



_____



1 barekhmor (Syr.), bless my Lord.



2 Hail Mary is optional and need not be said with every Qawmo.




People: Blessed is He who has come, and is to come in the name of the Lord; glory be to Him in the highest.



_____



1 Priest or deacon if present or an elder male person.



2 Make the sign of cross wherever the symbol appears. Prostrate while making the sign of the cross, except on days when the Divine Liturgy is celebrated, or during the days between Easter and Pentecost.



3 So be it.


Prayer of the Ninth Hour


Qawmo



Qolo

Praise be to You O God, who gives life to the dead. Praise be to You O God, who grants resurrection to the entombed. We praise You and glorify Your Father who did send you and the Holy Spirit. Barekhmor1.



O Lord, one of Trinity, who by Your own will stayed in the tomb for three days, give resurrection to our departed ones, for they were saved by Your precious blood. Moryo rahem `alay noo `adarayn.



Bo`ootho

O! merciful Lord, renew Your creation on the day of resurrection.



O! Lord, grant rest and comfort to our beloved departed ones who have lived and died with hope in You.



O! Lord grant rest to our faithful departed in the bosom of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.



May the souls and bodies together cry aloud and say: glory be to the one who has come and is to come to resurrect the departed. Amen.



Qawmo



_____



1 Bless O! Lord.



Prayer of the Evening


Qawmo



Psalms 51

(optional on week days)



Psalms of the Evening

(Psalms 141, 142, 119: 105-112, 117)1



Kyrie Elieson. I2 call upon you, Lord; hear me! Give heed to my words and answer me.



Let my prayer be like incense in your sight, my uplifted hands be like an evening sacrifice. Lord, set a guard at my mouth, a sentry at the door of my lips, that my heart may not turn to evil and indulge in the deeds of wickedness.



Let me not sit at the table of the wicked. Let the righteous man teach me, let him reprove me, but the oil of the wicked shall not anoint my head, my prayer is against their evil deeds. When their judges are thrown down in stony places, they shall hear my words; for they are sweet.



Their bones are scattered at the mouth of the grave like the plow that breaks the earth. I lift up my eyes to you, Lord. I put my trust in you, do not leave my soul destitute.



Keep me away from the hands of the proud who have laid snares for me. Let the wicked fall into their own traps, while I go unharmed.



While my soul was in agony, I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with all my voice I made supplication. I poured out my affliction before Him, I told Him all my troubles. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You know my path.



They have hidden snares for me in the way I have to walk. I looked to the right, but there was no one who knew me; no one cared for my soul. I cried unto You, O Lord! I said, You are my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.



Attend to my supplication; for I am in distress. Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than me. Lead me forth from prison that I may praise your name. The righteous shall wait for me because You will answer me.



Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. I have sworn and have determined to keep Your holy decrees. I am made to be low, Lord. Give me life according to Your word. Lord, be pleased with the words of my lips and teach me Your decrees.



My life is always in Your hands, I do not forget Your laws. The wicked have set traps for me, but I have not strayed from your commands. I treasure up Your testimonies. Truly they are the joy of my heart. Incline my heart to keep Your commands, in truth, for ever.



3Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise Him, all you people. Great is His goodness for us. Truly, the Lord's goodness is for ever.



To you belongs praise, O God. Barekhmor.



`Eqbo

O Lord, listen to our prayers with mercy and answer them with compassion. God accept, and be pleased in our worship and prayers and be gracious to us. Stomen kalos4, Kyrie eleison5.



Qolo - Offering of Incense

Lord, let our prayers be like a pleasing incense before you. Let it rise to the highest like an offering of fragrance. As you are pleased in the offer of incense, accept our worship, prayers, supplications and praises without counting our unworthiness, and grant our petitions. Barekhmor.



For the Intercession of the Mother of God

O Virgin Mother! shield us from all menace that confront us and forbid from us the whirls and tides of this world. O Mother! since you have acceptance in the presence of God, pray that your intercession grant us forgiveness and mercy, heal the sick, bring relief to the afflicted and the return of those who are away to us peacefully.



For the Intercession of Saints

Martyrs! as in the time of deluge, when the righteous Noah protected the beasts that entered with him in the ark, let your intercession protect us from the tides and whirls that encircle this world.



For the Intercession of Patron Saint

St. (Name6)! your grace has astonished the heavenly beings. Your glorious name is praised on earth among us. Your good deeds have been counted worthy by your Lord Jesus Christ, and He has revered and upheld your memory. May your prayers be a refuge to us.



Prayer of Repentance

O God, the lover of those who are unblemished and upright, grant us perfection in our hearts. Remove from us all evil and malicious thoughts. O Lord, open to us Your merciful door, as you did to the thief. Accept our repentance as you had accepted the penance of the tax collector and the sinful woman. O Lord, You are merciful and pleased with those who turn to You in repentance as You graciously pardoned Peter who came to you after he had denied you. Lord cleanse us from our sins and follies.



O Lord! we, the sinful, grieve about your dispassionate last judgement7. When the great books of account8 are opened and our sins are read, let Your grace strengthen us and let your mercy help us. Let our sins be pardoned. O Lord! we acknowledge our sins, have mercy on us.



For the Faithful Departed

Lord! grant good remembrance to the faithful departed who have received Your atoning body and blood. Lord Jesus Christ, when You come gloriously with the company of angels, let our departed ones stand before you with praises. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.9



Bo`ootho of Mor Ya`qub

O Lord! enable us to take part in the memory of Your Mother, prophets, apostles, martyrs, and all saints. By their prayers, protect the living and in Your mercy sanctify our faithful departed.



(Special prayers for the day may be said here)



Lord Jesus Christ, do not close the door of Your mercy on our faces. Lord, we confess that we are sinners, have mercy upon us. O Lord, Your love made you descend from Your place to us that by Your death, our death was abolished; have mercy upon us.



Qawmo



_____



1 This is invariable for all evening prayers.



2 May change the first person when praying in a group.



3 This is said at the end of all readings from Psalms.



4 (Greek) Let us stand well.



5 (Greek) Lord have mercy upon us.



6 Name of the patron saint or name of the saint whose feast falls on that day.



7 St. John 5:25-29; 1 Thess. 4:16; 5:2.



8 St. Matthew 12:36; Rom. 14:12.



9 Lord have mercy upon us and help us.

Sootoro


Compline - Prayer before retiring to bed


Qawmo



Prayer of Repentance

1



O Lord! teach us all Your commandments. By Your grace help us to live according to them. O God set guards to the open doors of our senses that the treasury of Your grace may not be detained from us. Barekhmor



O holy God, Your Holiness is adored by all saints. O Lord, cleanse our thoughts and make us worthy to glorify Your name like the seraphim who proclaim and glorify Your Holiness. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.



Supplication

O Lord, accept our worship and have mercy upon us.



Grant us compassion, mercy and forgiveness from your holy treasury.



O Lord, our deeds make You angry; but you never desire to be angry. You are merciful and Your tranquillity is never disturbed.



Though our sins are abundant, they are like a drop of mud in Your ocean of mercy. A drop of mud cannot soil the ocean.



O God who listens to prayers and grants supplications, be pleased in our prayers and grant our petitions in Your mercy.



The Hymn of Mor Ephrem the Syrian

Lord have mercy upon us

Kindly accept our prayers

Grant us mercy, redemption

From Thy treasury above.



Let me Lord, before Thee stand,

Wakeful my watch I'd keep,

Should I fall to slumber's hand,

Guard me from my sinful sleep.



If I do wrong while awake

Mercifully absolve me;

If I err in my sleep

In mercy, grant redemption.



By Thy cross + of submission

Grant me, Lord, a restful sleep,

Forbid vain and evil dreams

O my Lord, from Thy servant.



Through the night conduct me, Lord,

Peaceful sleep give Thou to me,

Wroth and foul thoughts O Lord

May not govern me at all.



O Lord, Thy servant I am

Guard my body while I sleep

Keep Thy bright angel's guard

O my Lord, by my side.



Christ Thy life-abiding

Holy body that I ate

Keep away from my heart

Evil desires that destroy.



While I sleep in this night

May Thy holy blood guard me

Be Thou always redeemer

For I am Th-ine image.



Thy hand shaped me, O Lord

Shadow me with Thy right hand,

Let Thy mercy be a fortress

Shielding me-all around.



While my body silent lies,

May Thy power keep vigil;

Let my sleep in Thy presence

Be like the rising incense.



Thy mother who did bear Thee

By her prayers for me Lord

Let not evil touch my bed,

While I slumber in this night.



By Thy pleasing sacrifice

That absolved me from my distress

Forbid from me the wicked one

That keeps troubling me.



By Thy kindness O my Lord

Thy promise in me fulfilled

By Thy Holy Cross + O Lord

Protect my life perfect.



Thou who pleased in me

Feeble and sinful servant I am

May I praise Thy mercy,

When I wake up from my sleep.



May Thy servant know Thy will

In Thy true loving kindness

Grant me O Lord Thy mercy

So that I may walk with Thee.



Jesus Christ, O my Lord

Grant to us Thy servants

An evening filled with peace

And a night of graceful sleep.



True light Thou art O Lord

Praise we Thy bright glory

We children of Thy light

Praise Thee for ever more.



O savior of mankind

Thy servants praise Thy mercy

As we do in this world

May it be in heaven above.



Praise to Thee, O my Lord

Praise to Thee, O my savior

Praise a thousand thousand fold

Praise we Thou O Jesus Christ.



Thou who does receive our prayers

Thou who grants supplications

Heed Thy servants' prayers

Kindly grant our petitions.



Kyrie eleison. Kyrie eleison. Kyrie eleison.



Psalms 91, 121

Barekhmor, Those who dwell in the secret place of the most high, whoever abides under the shadow of the Almighty.



Barekhmor, I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.



For He shall deliver you from the snare of stumbling, and from idle talk.



He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will be safe: His truth shall be your armor.



You shall not be afraid of the terror by night; nor of the arrow that flies by the day; nor for the plague that travels in the darkness; nor for the destruction of the wind in the noon.



A thousand shall fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand.



But they shall not come near you, only with your eyes you shall behold and see the reward of the wicked.



Because You are my Lord, my refuge, who has made His habitation in the most high.



No evil shall come near you; no plague shall come near your dwelling.



For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.



For they shall bear you up in their hands so that your foot shall not dash against a stone.



You shall tread upon the lion and adder; and you shall trample the young lion and the dragon.



Because he has sought Me, I will deliver him and strengthen him; he shall call upon Me because he has known My name.



I will answer him and I will be with him in trouble will strengthen him and honor him.



I will satisfy him with long life and show him my salvation.



I will lift up my eyes to the mountains, from where comes my helper?



My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.



He will not let your foot to tremble; he who keeps you will not slumber.



Behold, he that keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.



The Lord is your keeper; the Lord shall overshadow you with His right hand.



The sun shall not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.



The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; he shall preserve your soul.



The Lord shall preserve your going and coming from henceforth and for ever more.



To you belongs praise, O God. Barekhmor.



Prayer of Patriarch Mor Severius (AD 460-538)

Halleluia, Halleluia, Halleluia, Men `olam wadamo l-`olam `olmeen Amen.



Lord, who sits in the shadow of the most high, protect us under the wings of your mercy, and have compassion upon us.



O Lord who hearkens to all, by Your grace listen to the supplication of your servants.



O glorious King, our savior, give us peaceful evenings and sinless nights.



We set our eyes unto you; forgive our debts and sins, and be merciful to us in this world and in the world to come.



O Lord, may Your loving kindness shelter us and let your mercy guard us. May Your cross protect us from the evil one and his legion.



Let Your right hand enveil us all through the days of our lives.



Let your peace reign among us. Grant hope and salvation to all the souls who make supplication unto you.



By the prayers of St. Mary, who gave birth to you, and of all your saints; O God, forgive our debts and have mercy upon us.



Praise of The Cherubim



Lord's Prayer



Hail Mary (Optional)



The Nicene Creed





Stawmenqalos: Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Lord have mercy upon us, Lord be kind and have mercy, Lord answer us and have mercy upon us. Glory be to You, our Lord; glory be to You, our Lord; glory to You, our hope for ever Barekhmor.







Lord's Prayer



Hail Mary (Optional)

_____



1 If a priest is present, prayers for the offering of incense may be said here.



Prayer of the Midnight





Qawmo



Psalms 51

(optional on week days)



Opening Prayer

O Lord, who is wakeful and do not sleep, awaken us from our sleep in the sloth of sin that we may praise Your wakefulness. O Living and eternal One who does not die, wake us up from the sleep in death and destruction that we may worship Your compassion. Father, Son and holy Spirit, who are being praised and adored on earth and in heaven, make us worthy to praise You and adore You in holiness, along with the glorious company of heavenly angels now and always and for ever. Amen.



Psalms 134, 119: 169-176, 117

Barekhmor, Behold, all you servants of the Lord who stand in the house of the Lord through night watches, you praise the Lord.



Barekhmor, Lift up your hands towards heavenly sanctuary and praise the Lord.



May the Lord that made the heaven and earth bless you from Zion.



Lord, let my praise enter into Your presence. Let Your word grant me life. Let my supplication come before you. May Your words deliver me.



My tongue shall utter your words, for all your commandments are righteous.



When you teach me Your commandments, my lips shall utter Your praise. Since I have taken delight in Your laws, Your hand shall help me.



My soul has longed for Your salvation and I have meditated Your law. Let my soul live and it shall praise You. Let Your judgments help me.



I have gone astray like a lost sheep. Seek Your servant; for I have not forgotten Your commandments.



Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise him all you people, for His kindness is great toward us. Truly, the Lord's goodness is for ever.



To you belongs praise, O God. Barekhmor.



`Enyono

O Lord! who is awake without sleep, awaken us to repentance.



O Holy virgin, may your prayer be a stronghold to us.



O Prophets and apostles, may your prayers be a stronghold to us.



Hermits and monks may your prayers help us.



Lord, grant peace to the faithful departed. Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison.



Qawmo - First Watch

For the Intercession of Mother of God

Eqbo

O Holy Virgin Mother, pray to your only son for us that He may grant mercy and bestow peace among us. By your prayers, may wars be dispelled and kings reign in peace so that the children of the Church may praise the invisible and great power and celebrate the feast of happiness.



Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Lord have mercy upon us, Lord be kind and have mercy, Lord answer us and have mercy upon us. Glory be to you, our Lord; glory be to you, our Lord; glory be to you, our hope for ever. Barekhmor.



Qolo

O Lord, may the memory of Your blessed mother who brought You forth in virginity and holiness be a pleasing incense before You. May her memory be glorified on earth and in heaven above. Barekhmor.



Holy Virgin, we praise the Father who chose you in the beginning, adore the Son who willed to take flesh from you and praise the holy Spirit who came down from heaven and dwelled in you. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn..



Supplication

O! Son of God, remove from us the rods of wrath by the prayers of Your mother who carried you for nine months.





Qawmo - Second Watch

For the Intercession of Saints



Praise of the Cherubim



The Lord's Prayer



Eqbo

O chosen and holy martyrs, blessed is the Lord who made you to be healing springs of help and solace for the world and made His power to dwell in the places where your bones rest, intercede for us before your Lord.



Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Lord have mercy upon us, Lord be kind and have mercy, Lord answer us and have mercy upon us. Glory be to You, our Lord; glory be to You, our Lord; glory to You, our hope for ever. Barekhmor.



Qolo

Apostles! adversaries have encircled the Church from all sides to hinder the spread of the gospel that you have preached. Therefore, intercede for us before the Lord who chose you, so that there may be no divisions and disputes in the Church and among the children of the Church. O Lord! let Your truth be a furnace that keeps Your word as pure as gold. May the priests cry aloud in purity that, blessed is the Lord who sustains the growth of the Church. Barekhmor.



O Lord, by the prayers of the chosen twelve apostles, bless the twelve months of the year. May the earth receive regular rain and sun that we may be blessed by the heavenly grace and the harvest of the earth. O Lord, by the rain and drizzle of Your blessing, may the fruits grow and the needy and the poor eat those and praise Your name. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.





Bo`ootho

O Lord, by the prayers of those who pleased you, have mercy on us.



The prophets who spoke by the Holy Spirit, the disciples who witnessed you and the martyrs who embraced death in Your love will pray for us. Have mercy on us.



Saints! pray with us to the Lord whom you have pleased by your deeds that He may remove from us punishments and the rods of wrath.



Lord, by the prayers of those who pleased you, have mercy on us. By their prayers and supplications have mercy on our souls.







Qawmo - Third Watch

For the Departed



Praise of the Cherubim



The Lord's Prayer







Eqbo



Lord, may our departed rest in Your glorious abode. Lord, pardon their faults and ours. Grant peace to them and remain gracious to us.



Kyrielison, Kyrielison, Kyrielison, Lord have mercy upon us, Lord be kind and have mercy, Lord answer us and have mercy upon us. Glory be to You, our Lord; glory be to You, our Lord; glory be to You, our hope for ever. Barekhmor.





Qolo

O! Christ our Lord, do not either be silent about us or remain distant from Your worshippers; for You are our refuge. Lord, lead us in the path of life and make us worthy to sing praise to You by night and by Barekhmor.





O Lord, have mercy on us when the graves and the rocks are rift and the dead arise on hearing from the heights the sound of the horn and voice of the trumpet. Lord, at that hour make us stand on Your right side. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.





Bo`ootho

O Lord, who is merciful to sinners, have mercy on us on the day of Your judgment.



O merciful one, the afflicted are knocking at Your door. By Your grace answer their supplications.



Our heavenly Father, we pray that You accepts our offerings and have mercy on us.



Lord of those above and the refuge of those on earth, accept our offerings and have mercy on us.



Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Glory be to you O, God.

Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Glory be to you O, God.

Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Glory be to you O, God.



Optional prayers for moronoyo days



O merciful God! be gracious to us in Your mercy. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn..



From Psalms 148, 149, 150,117

Behold all that are asleep, awake and rise to sing praise. Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in he heights.



Praise Him, O sun and moon. Praise Him, all luminous stars. Praise Him, heavens of heavens, and waters above the heavens. Let them praise the name of the Lord.



Praise the Lord, all the earth, sea creatures and all oceans, fire and hail, snow and mist, stormy winds that obey His word.



Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth; both young men, maidens; old men and children; let them praise the name of the Lord.





Praise the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and His praise in the congregation of saints. Let Israel rejoice in Him that made Him. Let the children of Zion be joyful in their king.



Let the righteous be joyful in glory. Let them sing aloud upon their beds and let their high praises be in their mouths.



Praise Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary. Praise Him in the firmament of His power.



Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet. Praise Him with the psaltery and harp. Praise Him with the timbrel and dance. Praise Him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise Him upon the loud cymbals. Praise Him upon with the high-sounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.



To you belongs praise, O God. Barekhmor.

Praise to the Holy Trinity. Praise to the Holy Trinity. We praise the glorious Trinity, eternal and everlasting. To you belongs the praise, O God, at all times. Barekhmor.





Qolo

Holy virgin, chosen by God to be His mother that the curse on earth was removed, plead for us before your only Son that peace and harmony reign in the Church, among us and in the four quarters of the earth. Barekhmor.



St. (Name) by your prayers, may God remove the rods of wrath from the earth and may peace and harmony reign in the Church and among us. May those who celebrate his memory be protected from all tribulations. Men `olam ...



Lord, may You garb in robes of glory in the heaven with Your right hand the faithful departed who have borne You by the baptism. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.





Bo`ootho

O Lord, be gracious to us, by the prayers of Your Mother and Your saints.



May the angel who brought peace to the Virgin Mary, and announced to her the message of salvation, come and announce to us that God is reconciled with us.



May the angels, who sprinkled dew on Hananiah, sprinkle the dew of mercy on the bones of the departed.



Lord, be gracious to us, by the prayers of Your Mother and of Your saints. By the prayers of Your Mother and saints sanctify us and our departed.





Angelic Hymn

(Hymn of St. Athanasius)3



Like the heavenly angels who praise You up in the heights, we who are frail and sinful offer praise.



Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth, tranquility and good will among men at all times and in all seasons.



We praise You, we bless You, we adore You. We sing to You a hymn of praise.



We give thanks to You because of Your great glory, Lord, our creator, king of heaven, God the Father almighty; we praise You, Jesus Christ, Lord God, God's only Son, along with the Holy Spirit.



Lord God, Lamb of God and word of the Father, who takes away the sin of the world, be gracious to all.



You, who take away the sin of the world, incline your ear to us and receive our prayers.



You, who sit in glory at the right hand of Your Father, have compassion on us and be gracious to all.



Because You only are holy. Lord Jesus Christ, You deserve the great glory of God, the Father along with the Holy Spirit. Amen.



At all times and on all the days of our lives we bless You and praise Your holy and eternal name.



Blessed are You, Lord, Upholder of all, God of our fathers, Your name is blessed and glorified with praises, for ever and ever.



To you belongs glory, to you belongs praise, to you belongs honor, God of all, Father of truth; we praise You, Your only Son and the living holy Spirit, now and always and for ever and ever. Amen.



Concluding Prayer

Lord Jesus Christ, do not close the door of Your mercy on our faces. Lord, we confess that we are sinners, have mercy upon us.



O Lord, Your love made you descend from Your place to us that by Your death, our death was abolished; have mercy on us.



Qawmo



_____



1 St. Matthew 24:31; 1 Thess. 4.16-17; 2 Peter 3:10.



2 St. Matthew 13:38-43; St. John 5:28-29.



3 This is an integral part of all midnight prayers.




Prayer of the Morning




Qawmo



Psalms 51



O merciful God! be gracious to us in Your mercy. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.



Psalms 63

O God, You are my God and I will wait for You.



Like a dry and thirsty land longing for water, my spirit thirsts for You and my body longs for You.



I truly looked up to You, to behold Your power and glory.



Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You.



Thus I will praise You while I am alive and I will raise my hands in Your name.



My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fat and my mouth shall sing Your glory with joyful lips.



I remember You as I lie on my bed. All night long, I think of You and meditate.



Because You have been my help, I will be protected under the shadow of Your wings.



My soul follows You and Your right hand keeps me safe.



Those that seek to destroy my soul shall go into the depths of the earth.



They shall fall by the sword and their bodies eaten by wolves. But the king shall rejoice in God.



Everyone that swears by him shall be glorified. But the mouth of the liars shall be shut.



To you belongs praise, O God. Barekhmor.



Enyono

O heavenly King, in the morning I come in Your presence and bow before Your throne. Pardon all the sins that I committed against you.



Gracious and compassionate Lord, I plead and long for your mercy. Pardon all the sins that I committed against you.



The one who is light and lives in light, make me worthy of Your light that does not succumb to darkness. Barekhmor.



I praise the Lord whose name is being glorified in the heaven above by the heavenly beings and by the people on the earth. Amen.



Psalms 113

Praise the Lord, the creator of light. Praise Him, you servants of the Lord. Praise the name of the Lord.



May the name of the Lord be blessed from the beginning and for ever.



Prom the rising of the sun to its setting great is the name of the Lord.



The Lord is high above all nations, and His glory is above the heavens.



Who is like the Lord, our God? He dwells in the heights above and yet He looks upon the depths.



He raises up the poor from the dust and make them sit with princes. He makes the barren women to be a joyful mother of children and he grants her a home.



To you belongs praise, O God. Barekhmor.



From Psalms 148, 149, 150

Praise Him all His angels. Praise Him all His heavenly armies.



By His word everything was made, for He commanded and they were created. He set them in their places for ever and gave them a law which shall not pass away.



Praise the Lord, all mountains and hills, all fruit trees and cedars, all bees and cattle, all creeping things and birds that fly.



For His name alone is exalted, His glory is on earth and in heaven. He also exalts the horn of His people, all His saints; even of the children of Israel, a people of His own.



Let them praise His name with tambourines and drums, and sing to Him with their harps. The Lord is delighted in His people. He gives salvation to the poor.



His saints have the honor, with a two-edged sword in their hands, to execute vengeance upon the heathen and bring punishments upon the people, to bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron and to execute upon them the written judgment.



Praise Him for His powerful deeds. Praise Him for His infinite greatness. Praise Him with the sound of horn. Praise Him with the sound of the flute and harp.



Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise Him all you peoples. For great is His goodness toward us. Truly, He is the Lord for ever.



To you belongs praise, O God. Barekhmor.



Eqbo

God help us. The whirls and waves of sins that we committed are encircling us. You be the port of peace for us that we may not sink in the sea of sins. We are waiting to repent. As You extended Your hand to Peter6, extend Your hand to us and help us. Stomen ...



Qolo

O Christ, our Lord, You offered Yourself as a pleasing incense before God the Father. Because of You, we may be a pleasing incense before God. Though our prayers and offerings are abominable and foul smelling, touch and purify us with Your holy hand which cleansed the lepers to make our prayers and offerings sweet smelling fragrances.Barekhmor.



For the Intercession of Mother of God

God our Lord, by Your presence You jolted Mount Zion. While You were bearing the heights and the depths, You willed that Virgin Mary conceive You without marriage and bring You forth beyond description. May Your mother's name be glorified and help us by her prayers.



For the Intercession of Saints

Martyrs! pray for us that He may have mercy on us by His grace and save us from the punishment of the last day. Pray for us that we may be made worthy to see you when you receive the victorious crowns.



For the Intercession of the Patron Saint

St. (Name), those who are in distress seek your help. May your prayer be a fortress and refuge for us. By your prayers, may our petitions be granted, sick people be healed and those who are being tempted by satan be liberated.



For Repentance

O God, You do not deny Your mercy to the sinners who call upon You. By Your compassion spare us from punishments and the rods of wrath. To praise You for Your mercy, grant us joyful months and prosperous years. By glorious sign of Your cross guard us from the evil.



Lord, may we not be silent from praising you and withdrawn from glorifying You. Lord, do not judge us according to Your righteousness. We confess that we are sinners. If You judge us according to our sins; we cannot hope eternal life and cannot plead before You and shall inherit fiery-hell. Therefore, according to Your mercy pardon and forgive our sins.



Lord, when You judge us, let our sins not conceal us. When the righteous garb in glory, may we not be naked at the judgment. We confess that we have fallen in sin, extend Your hand unto us that we may stand again. O compassionate One, who opens the door to all those who repent, have mercy on us as You forgave the thief on Cross9 at Your side.



For the Departed

Lord, grant peace and good memory to our departed fathers and brothers. Include them in the company of saints and in their ranks. When you sit at the throne for judgment and to separate the righteous from the evil, may they receive Your compassion. When You appear in Your grace, may they stand on Your right side. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.



Bo`ootho of Mor Ya`qub

O Lord, open Your great door full of mercy. Hear our petitions and show mercy to our souls.



O glorious light which enlightens all creation in the morning, enlighten our intellects so that we may praise Your mercy.



(Special prayer for the day may be said here)



Lord, it is good to give thanks to You and to sing praise to Your exalted name, to proclaim Your goodness in the morning and Your faithfulness in the night. Lord, hear my voice in the morning. May I be seen ready before You in the morning.



Lord, have compassion on Your people. Lord, pardon and forgive all our sins. Holy One, let Your right hand overshadow us and Your name heal our weaknesses.



Qawmo



_____



1 St. Matthew 14: 25-33.



2 St. Matthew 8:3.



3 2 Timothy 4:8.



4 St. Luke 23: 39-43.



5 St. Matthew 25:31-34.



Prayer of the Third Hour




Qawmo



Qolo

Our heavenly Father, answer us who are calling upon You. For we have no other father who can help us. By Your will, You created us from emptiness. Now that we have been created, Your anger may not destroy us. Lord, teach us to abide by Your commandments. By our righteous deeds may You be pleased in us. Lord, by Your grace have mercy on us. Barekhmor.



We repent that we have distanced ourselves from You by our deeds and sins and only of You for name sake. We desire to confess but our false pride do not allow us.



We are eager to teach others but do not learn ourselves. Though we have quenched the thirst of others, we are still thirsty. Give us a drink from the streams that flowed from Your side which was pierced with spear and quench our thirst. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.



Bo`ootho

God, our Lord, we call upon You. Come for our help. Accept our supplications and have mercy on our souls.



Lord, we desire not to be aloof from your communion. Though our sins have driven us out, may your loving-kindness grant us admittance. The sins have deceived us and wounded us without compassion. O! great physician heal our painful wounds.



The evil one has trapped us in the snares that he laid for us. O Lord, break the snares and save us from danger. O! Good Shepherd search for the sheep that has gone astray; do not let its life be in the hand of the evil one who is searching for it.



Christ, our God who has power to send us to heaven or hell, have compassion on us and save us from hell.



Qawmo



_____



1 St. John 19:34.



2 St. Matthew 18:12, St. John 10:1-16.


Prayer of the Sixth Hour (Noon)




Qawmo



Qolo

O! holy Mother, do not discontinue your supplication for us. Intercede for us that your only begotten son may have compassion on us. Barekhmor.



O God, the Lord of all, by the prayers and supplications of the prophets who loved You and Your disciples who preached Your gospel, may peace reign among the four quarters of the earth. Men olam...



Lord, both worlds are at Your command. Protect the living by Your cross. By Your grace pardon the sins of all those who have passed away with hope in You. Moryo rahem `a lay noo `adarayn.



Bo`ootho

Lord, by the prayers of Your Mother and all saints, sanctify us and our departed ones.



Let Virgin Mary's memory be a blessing for us. May her prayers be a fortress for our souls.



Apostles, martyrs, disciples and saints! Pray for us that He may grant us mercy.



Lord, sprinkle the dew of joy on the face of our departed fathers and brothers who have passed away with hope in You.



Lord, by the prayers of Your mother and saints sanctify us and our departed.



Man`ito

(of Mor Severius, Patriarch of Antioch, AD 460-538)1



By the prayers of Your Mother who brought forth you and that of all saints;



I will adore You O King, my Lord, the only begotten son, the word of the heavenly father, who are immortal, who by Your grace came for the life and salvation of all mankind, and did become incarnate of the holy and glorious Virgin Mary, Mother of God, who did become man, being God without change, and who was Crucified for us.



O Christ, our Lord, who by Your death did trample our death and destroy it, who is one among the Holy Trinity and are worshipped and glorified in the unity of Your Father and Your living Holy spirit, have mercy upon us.



Qawmo



Nicene Creed



Concluding Hymn

Praise be to the God on high

Exaltation to His Mother

Crown of glory to the martyrs

Mercy on the de-parted.



_____



1 This prayer is to be said on those days on which participation in the eucharistic liturgy is not mandatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment