Friday, January 28, 2011

Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church Of America Daily Readings And Prayers For Friday, 28 January

From armeneianchurch-ed.net, biblegateway.com and biblicalproportions.com:

Daily Readings:


Saints/Martyrs/Feasts/Fasts to be observed/commemmorated/celebrated:


Daily Prayer:

1st Prayer: January 28,2011


Remember your greatness, Lord,

when looking upon my lowliness.

And while I petition you to do good to my enemies,

you in your magnanimity beyond words

show your miraculous favor toward them who are

also your enemies.

Do not destroy those who persecute me, but

reform them,

root out the vile ways of this world,

and plant the good in me and them,

especially since you are light and hope,

and I am darkness and foolishness.

You are true good, praiseworthy Lord,

and I am thoroughly evil and helpless.

You are the Lord of everything on earth and in

the heavens, and I do not control my breath or spirit.

You are exalted, free of any needs,

and I am in pain and peril.

You are above all the passions of earth,

and I am base, disgusting clay.

In the words of the prophet:

you endure in perpetual infinity on high

and I continuously perish.

In you there is neither darkness nor deceit,

and in me, they are complete,

since I have wasted my inheritance of goodness.



Take me out of my prison and free me from my bonds.

Remove my chains and rescue me from drowning.

Free me from anxiety and release me from my irons.

Deliver me from preoccupations and banish my doubts.

Console my sadness and calm my vexation.

Dispel my afflictions and quiet my agitation.

Cure me of my tears and stop my sighing.

Drive away my lamentations and heal my sobbing.



God of mercy and giver of sweetness,

do not despise me, whom you have redeemed with your almighty blood.

Do not condemn me to a place of perdition.

Prop me up for I have reached the shores of death8

through all manner of fatal illness.

.
 
 
Scriptural Readings:

2 Timothy 3:1-7.

2 Timothy 3:1-7 (King James Version)




2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.



2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,



3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,



4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;



5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.



6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,



7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.






John 6:64-72

John 6:64-72 (King James Version)




64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.



65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.



66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.



67Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?



68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.



69And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.



70Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?



71He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.





No comments:

Post a Comment