Saturday, January 29, 2011

Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church In America Daily Readings For Saturday, 29 January

From armenianchurch-ed.net, biblegateway.com and biblicalproportions.com:

Daily Readings:


Saints/Martyrs/Feasts/Fasts to be observed/commemmorated/celebrated:


Daily Prayer:

1st Prayer: January 29,2011


Remember twice those

who, in your exalted name,

accepted me, unworthy soul that I am,

and give them, most generous Lord, doer of good,

without spite, the reward of the just and the prophets.

Although I may be devoid of virtues forever,

considering the belief and by the hope and expectation,

they in their reasonable judgment have regarded

those like me, a slave to sin,

as if I had a secret compartment in my soul

filled with your life-giving relics.



Approaching me with your infinite compassion,

cleanse me, whose sins cannot be hidden from your sight

or from your unerring judgment.

Thus protect me from being shamefully condemned

before the tribunal of the universe.



And as those whom you love, those who for your sake

see your glory reflected on me, unworthy though I am,

for they look upon my fine vestments

without knowing the defects they conceal

and call me in my pitiful state “blessed,”

may you, ingenious, bountiful, content

Lord, who loves mankind, with infinite mercy,

for the sake of the sighs of my most wretched soul,

settle with them according to their faith.

On the terrible day of judgment,

when everything is tried and the good are separated from the bad,

offer and grant them your incorruptible glory

and your never fading crown.

.
 
 
Scriptural Readings:

Proverbs 8:33-36.

Proverbs 8:33-36 (King James Version)




33Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.



34Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.



35For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.



36But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.







Hosea 10:12.

Hosea 10:12 (King James Version)




12Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.







Amos 5:10-14.

Amos 5:10-14 (King James Version)




10They hate him that rebuketh in the gate, and they abhor him that speaketh uprightly.



11Forasmuch therefore as your treading is upon the poor, and ye take from him burdens of wheat: ye have built houses of hewn stone, but ye shall not dwell in them; ye have planted pleasant vineyards, but ye shall not drink wine of them.



12For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins: they afflict the just, they take a bribe, and they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right.



13Therefore the prudent shall keep silence in that time; for it is an evil time.



14Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.







Acts of the Apostles 20:25-32.

Acts 20:25-32 (King James Version)




25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.



26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.



27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.



28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.



29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.



30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.



31Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.



32And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.







John 10:11-16

John 10:11-16 (King James Version)




11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.



12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.



13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.



14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.



15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.



16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.





No comments:

Post a Comment