Monday, April 11, 2011

(Dutch) Reformed Church In America Daily Prayer Request For Monday, 11 April

From The Reformed Church In America:

April 11 Prayer Request


Pray for fruitful partnerships to build from the recent meeting of the three RCA college presidents and several leaders of racial-ethnic and multiracial ministry teams.



Today's Scripture: Isaiah 50:4-9

Isaiah 50:4-9










The Servant’s Humiliation and Vindication





4 The Lord God has given me

the tongue of a teacher,

that I may know how to sustain

the weary with a word.

Morning by morning he wakens—

wakens my ear

to listen as those who are taught.

5 The Lord God has opened my ear,

and I was not rebellious,

I did not turn backwards.

6 I gave my back to those who struck me,

and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard;

I did not hide my face

from insult and spitting.







7 The Lord God helps me;

therefore I have not been disgraced;

therefore I have set my face like flint,

and I know that I shall not be put to shame;

8 he who vindicates me is near.

Who will contend with me?

Let us stand up together.

Who are my adversaries?

Let them confront me.

9 It is the Lord God who helps me;

who will declare me guilty?

All of them will wear out like a garment;

the moth will eat them up.



No comments:

Post a Comment