Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lutheran (ELCA) Daily Readings For Thursday, 14 April

From:  trinitycamphill.org, higherthings.org, wapedia.com:

Daily Readings:


Saints/Martyrs/Heroes/Feasts/Fasts to be observed/commemmorated/celebrated:  Lent


Scriptural Readings:

Psalm 31:9-16:

9Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eye wastes away from grief, my soul and body also.




10For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my misery, and my bones waste away.



11I am the scorn of all my adversaries, a horror to my neighbors, an object of dread to my acquaintances; those who see me in the street flee from me.



12I have passed out of mind like one who is dead; I have become like a broken vessel.



13For I hear the whispering of many— terror all around!— as they scheme together against me, as they plot to take my life.



14But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.”



15My times are in your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors.



16Let your face shine upon your servant; save me in your steadfast love.

 
 
1 Samuel 16:11-13






11Samuel said to Jesse, “Are all your sons here?” And he said, “There remains yet the youngest, but he is keeping the sheep.” And Samuel said to Jesse, “Send and bring him; for we will not sit down until he comes here.” 12He sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and had beautiful eyes, and was handsome. The Lord said, “Rise and anoint him; for this is the one.” 13Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the presence of his brothers; and the spirit of the Lord came mightily upon David from that day forward. Samuel then set out and went to Ramah.

 
Philippians 1:1-11










1Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: 2Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.



3I thank my God every time I remember you, 4constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you, 5because of your sharing in the gospel from the first day until now. 6I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ.



7It is right for me to think this way about all of you, because you hold me in your heart, for all of you share in God’s grace with me, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. 8For God is my witness, how I long for all of you with the compassion of Christ Jesus.



9And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight 10to help you to determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, 11having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment