Tuesday, February 21, 2012

American Bible Society Daily Bible Reading and Daily Prayer for Tuesday, 21 February 2012

From The American Bible Society:


Psalm 23(Good News Translation)

Come Together in Faith and Proclaim God’s Love and Mercy

Introduction

Psalm 23: God’s kingship is a frequent subject in the psalms. Kings were known as the shepherds of their people. Their responsibility was to feed and protect their people. In Psalm 23, God is described as providing food, drink, guidance, and protection.

Today's Scripture: Psalm 23:1

The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

Today's Reading

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need. 2 He lets me rest in fields of green grass and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water. 3 He gives me new strength. He guides me in the right paths, as he has promised. 4 Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, LORDfor you are with me. Your shepherd's rod and staff protect me. 5 You prepare a banquet for me, where all my enemies can see me; you welcome me as an honored guest and fill my cup to the brim. 6 I know that your goodness and love will be with me all my life; and your house will be my home as long as I live.

Reflect

Psalm 23 is a much beloved psalm that many have committed to memory. It has been reported that a child who was asked to memorize this psalm said it this way: “The LORD is my shepherd, and that’s all I need to know.” This psalm conveys complete trust in God. What verses in this psalm particularly resonate with you?

Pray

Because you, Lord, are my shepherd, I have everything I need. Your goodness, mercy, and love are always with me. I will dwell in your presence my whole life long. Amen.

Prayer Concern

Caregivers

No comments:

Post a Comment