Monday, February 27, 2012

(Dutch) Reformed Church in America Daily Prayer Request for Monday, 27 February 2012

From rca.org:


   

February 27 Prayer Request

Pray for the ministry and mission of the Classis of Central California. Ask God to bless the work of the churches there, and also pray for the classis leaders.
Today's Scripture: Genesis 17:1-7, 15-16

Genesis 17:1-7, 15-16

The Sign of the Covenant

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said to him, ‘I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless. And I will make my covenant between me and you, and will make you exceedingly numerous.’ Then Abram fell on his face; and God said to him, ‘As for me, this is my covenant with you: You shall be the ancestor of a multitude of nations. No longer shall your name be Abram,but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you the ancestor of a multitude of nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. I will establish my covenant between me and you, and your offspring after you throughout their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you.
 God said to Abraham, ‘As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name. I will bless her, and moreover I will give you a son by her. I will bless her, and she shall give rise to nations; kings of peoples shall come from her.’


No comments:

Post a Comment