Friday, March 4, 2011

Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church In America Daily Readings And Prayers For Friday, 4 march

From armenianchurch-ed.net, biblegateway.com and biblicalproportions.com:

Daily Readings and Prayers:


Saints/Martyrs/Feasts/Fasts to be observed/commemmorated/celebrated:  Fast Day


Daily Prayer:

1st Prayer: March 04,2011


Mix and unite your commandments with the

sound of the bell,

so that my callous heart, hard as a diamond,

might again bear the fruits of your word.

May the sound of the bell strike and pierce

my worn heart and forsaken soul

and like a sharp stake of wonder,

reinforce and shore them up,

upright and steadfast,

while softening the hardness of my soul,

so that I might awaken, sobered with humility,

like Paul and Matthew.

O God who loves mankind,

through this venerable wooden bell

remind me of the gifts of your cross

by which you did things beyond words.

Lift away from me, Giver of life,

the weight of my sins

by the glorious yoke of your new tabernacle.



By your will, Almighty,

may the ears of my stubborn heart be opened

to the sound of life.

By this tiding of your magnificent good works,

may the ears of the deaf hear.

Through this bell may the tongues of the dumb speak.

May the sight of the eyes be restored,

that they might look upon you purely in

unwavering adoration.

May the weary wills of men be refreshed,

that they might repent and return to you.

In my turmoil, O Lord,

grant me the rain of tears.

Let this be from you to us

a message of joy,

a jubilant shout,

a tranquil song,

a thing of bliss,

a means of salvation,

an occasion for pardon,

a banishment of grief,

an extrication from entanglements,

an easing of anxiety,

a ceasing of cares,

a dispelling of sighs

an alleviation of groaning,

an assurance of necessities,

a discipline of passions,

a consolation for disappointments,

a cure for pains,

an immunization against backsliding,

a contemplation of things invisible.

 
 
Scriptural Readings:
 
Titus 3:1-15.
 
Titus 3:1-15 (King James Version)




Titus 3

1Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,



2To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.



3For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.



4But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,



5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;



6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;



7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.



8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.



9But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.



10A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;



11Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.



12When I shall send Artemas unto thee, or Tychicus, be diligent to come unto me to Nicopolis: for I have determined there to winter.



13Bring Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their journey diligently, that nothing be wanting unto them.



14And let our's also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.



15All that are with me salute thee. Greet them that love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.






John 8:21-30.


John 8:21-30 (King James Version)




21Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.



22Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.



23And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.



24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.



25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.



26I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.



27They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.



28Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.



29And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.



30As he spake these words, many believed on him.







No comments:

Post a Comment