Sunday, March 6, 2011

Malankara (Indian) Syriac Orthodox Sunday Readings For Sunday, 6 March

From:  malankaraorthodoxchurch.in, biblicalproportions.com and biblegateway.com

Sunday Readings for All the Departed Faithful Sunday'

◦Evening


■St. Matthew 25: 31-46

Matthew 25:31-46 (King James Version)




31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:



32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:



33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.



34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:



35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:



36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.



37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?



38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?



39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?



40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.



41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:



42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:



43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.



44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?



45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.



46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.








◦Morning

■St. John 5:19-29

John 5:19-29 (King James Version)




19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.



20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.



21For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.



22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:



23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.



24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.



25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.



26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;



27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.



28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,



29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.








◦Before Holy Qurbana

■Genesis49: 33-50: 13

Genesis 49:33-50:13 (King James Version)




33And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people.



Genesis 50

1And Joseph fell upon his father's face, and wept upon him, and kissed him.



2And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians to embalm his father: and the physicians embalmed Israel.



3And forty days were fulfilled for him; for so are fulfilled the days of those which are embalmed: and the Egyptians mourned for him threescore and ten days.



4And when the days of his mourning were past, Joseph spake unto the house of Pharaoh, saying, If now I have found grace in your eyes, speak, I pray you, in the ears of Pharaoh, saying,



5My father made me swear, saying, Lo, I die: in my grave which I have digged for me in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come again.



6And Pharaoh said, Go up, and bury thy father, according as he made thee swear.



7And Joseph went up to bury his father: and with him went up all the servants of Pharaoh, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt,



8And all the house of Joseph, and his brethren, and his father's house: only their little ones, and their flocks, and their herds, they left in the land of Goshen.



9And there went up with him both chariots and horsemen: and it was a very great company.



10And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation: and he made a mourning for his father seven days.



11And when the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, saw the mourning in the floor of Atad, they said, This is a grievous mourning to the Egyptians: wherefore the name of it was called Abelmizraim, which is beyond Jordan.



12And his sons did unto him according as he commanded them:



13For his sons carried him into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.








■Ezekiel34: 1-14

Ezekiel 34:1-14 (King James Version)




Ezekiel 34

1And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,



2Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?



3Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.



4The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.



5And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.



6My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.



7Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;



8As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;



9Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;



10Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.



11For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.



12As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.



13And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.



14I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.









■Isaiah38: 10-20

Isaiah 38:10-20 (King James Version)




10I said in the cutting off of my days, I shall go to the gates of the grave: I am deprived of the residue of my years.



11I said, I shall not see the LORD, even the LORD, in the land of the living: I shall behold man no more with the inhabitants of the world.



12Mine age is departed, and is removed from me as a shepherd's tent: I have cut off like a weaver my life: he will cut me off with pining sickness: from day even to night wilt thou make an end of me.



13I reckoned till morning, that, as a lion, so will he break all my bones: from day even to night wilt thou make an end of me.



14Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me.



15What shall I say? he hath both spoken unto me, and himself hath done it: I shall go softly all my years in the bitterness of my soul.



16O LORD, by these things men live, and in all these things is the life of my spirit: so wilt thou recover me, and make me to live.



17Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.



18For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.



19The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.



20The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD.









■Maccabians : 12: 38 -45

1 Maccabees 12:38-45


1 Maccabees 12:38 Simon also set up Adida in Sephela, and made it strong with gates and bars.

1 Maccabees 12:39 Now Tryphon went about to get the kingdom of Asia, and to kill Antiochus the king, that he might set the crown upon his own head.

1 Maccabees 12:40 Howbeit he was afraid that Jonathan would not suffer him, and that he would fight against him; wherefore he sought a way how to take Jonathan, that he might kill him. So he removed, and came to Bethsan.

1 Maccabees 12:41 Then Jonathan went out to meet him with forty thousand men chosen for the battle, and came to Bethsan.

1 Maccabees 12:42 Now when Tryphon saw Jonathan came with so great a force, he durst not stretch his hand against him;

1 Maccabees 12:43 But received him honourably, and commended him unto all his friends, and gave him gifts, and commanded his men of war to be as obedient unto him, as to himself.

1 Maccabees 12:44 Unto Jonathan also he said, Why hast thou brought all this people to so great trouble, seeing there is no war betwixt us?

1 Maccabees 12:45 Therefore send them now home again, and choose a few men to wait on thee, and come thou with me to Ptolemais, for I will give it thee, and the rest of the strong holds and forces, and all that have any charge: as for me, I will return and depart: for this is the cause of my coming.









◦Holy Qurbana

■St. James 3: 1 - 12

James 3:1-12 (King James Version)




James 3

1My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.



2For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.



3Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.



4Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.



5Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!



6And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.



7For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:



8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.



9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.



10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.



11Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?



12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.








■I Corinthians 15: 20-28

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 (King James Version)




20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.



21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.



22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.



23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.



24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.



25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.



26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.



27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.



28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.








■St. Luke12: 32-48

Luke 12:32-48 (King James Version)




32Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.



33Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.



34For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.



35Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;



36And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.



37Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.



38And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.



39And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.



40Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.



41Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?



42And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?



43Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.



44Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.



45But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;



46The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.



47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.



48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.





No comments:

Post a Comment