Thursday, February 3, 2011

Roman Catholic Readings For Friday, 4 February

From USCCB, CNA and Catholic Online:

Daily Readings:


Saints/Martyrs/Feasts/Fasts to be observed/commemmorated/celebrated:


Scriptural Readings:

First Reading - Heb 13:1-8

1 Let the charity of the brotherhood abide in you. 2 And hospitality do not forget; for by this some, being not aware of it, have entertained angels. 3 Remember them that are in bands, as if you were bound with them; and them that labour, as being yourselves also in the body. 4 Marriage honourable in all, and the bed undefiled. For fornicators and adulterers God will judge. 5 Let your manners be without covetousness, contented with such things as you have; for he hath said: I will not leave thee, neither will I forsake thee. 6 So that we may confidently say: The Lord is my helper: I will not fear what man shall do to me. 7 Remember your prelates who have spoken the word of God to you; whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation, 8 Jesus Christ, yesterday, and today; and the same for ever
 

Psalm - Ps 27;1,3,5,8-9

1 The psalm of David before he was anointed. The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?3 If armies in camp should stand together against me, my heart shall not fear. If a battle should rise up against me, in this will I be confident. 5 For he hath hidden me in his tabernacle; in the day of evils, he hath protected me in the secret place of his tabernacle. 8 My heart hath said to thee: My face hath sought thee: thy face, O Lord, will I still seek. 9 Turn not away thy face from me; decline not in thy wrath from thy servant. Be thou my helper, forsake me not; do not thou despise me, O God my Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment